Friday, July 31, 2009

Supplies


Just got my shipment in of canvases.. now I use to paint on canvas about 2 years ago and compared to wood I will take wood over canvas any day..but I did some research on prepping and one thing I missed out when I use to paint on canvas was the sanding (I know you are probably like DUH!) well I did 2 coats of thin downed gesso then once it dried I sanded it down with a fine grit sandpaper and holy hell what a difference that makes, definitely not as smooth as wood, but good enough that is really smooth with still a little teeth to capture some of my strokes.. can't wait to get started on the 20x20's... I also may be able to do multiple paintings since oil takes longer to dry than acrylic so this should speed up productivity.. good thing I bought that extra easel

No comments: