Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Project Detonate X Erector Square Studios






ah so today I took the day off from work so I can go sign my lease and pick up my keys to my new work spot and I gotta say everything went smooth..The studio is the old building where erector sets were created... I started moving at 10am and was done by 3pm, scooped up a sub and started to set a few things up...then it hit me haha I was tired.. going up 3 fights god only knows how many times wore me out haha.. the space is about 420 sq ft.. but looking at it I think it might be a little bigger, might measure it up tomorrow... Thinking back it's crazy how I first started paining in my bedroom two years and now I'm at the point where I need a bigger space to.. well go big... I still need a lot of shelving units, a mini fridge and maybe a futon to lounge from time to time.. it feels good to finally have a place where I can customize, sand, gesso and paint all in one room and not having to clean up afterward (kinda had to do that if you paint out of your living room haha) and just continue on the next day.. the place definitely has a cool community vibe.. I think 300+ artist? if I'm not mistaken... so I'm very interested to see who I will meet there.. the area is super close like 5 minute drive so I'm playing with the idea of getting a bike? yes a bike, whoever knows me know I have a phobia about riding bikes.. lets just say growing up I saw a lot of my friends get hit by cars while riding their bikes so that kinda messed me up hah.. well enough babbling enjoy the pics! I'll make sure to post pics of the studio once its all done..

No comments: