Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Break from the brushes




So I decided instead of forcing myself to paint I figured I work on the instillation part of the show.. I caught myself trying to paint night after night and it just felt forced.. I think I really want to get my hands dirty and start with the gluing, sanding, priming.. just getting down to the nitty gritty.. I primed and sanded two 8" Dunnys and a Labbit for my upcoming solos shows not to mention the other two 10" Mad*Ls I prepped.

Tonight I got to use my Miter saw that I bought a couple of days ago and I'm hooked.. after painting with canvas again the last couple of months I gotta say that I really miss the smoothness of wood and just the feel of it in general.. So I decided to build my own wood cradles and get busy with it (I opted this instead of buying them..shipping was just way to much and I like the craft of putting these together) I built my first one 2x2 out of Birch wood.. For my first time I gotta say I didn't do to bad..though I still need to get the hang of it.. one corner has a little gap which I will be filling in with wood filler (see pic above) the other sides are right on.. so not to shabby.. Now to pick up more C-clamps and primer...also special thanks to Mr.Sharp for guiding me through all of this.. I'd be lying if I said I figured this all by myself!

No comments: