Thursday, March 18, 2010

Back from CHI!


As always the GO was a blast.. Matt and his wife Jen were awesome for having me crash once again, and the abundance of licks I got from their pugs haha...I came back real refreshed and ready to work.. I really needed that weekend, just being around so many creative people and artist that are really hustling their work.

I've got a few group shows coming up and three of them are customs shows.. now I don't usually do to many customs, but these look like they are gonna be fun to do, which consists of a Celsius, Pecan Pal (wood toy Hell Yeah!) and a fire element for a G1988 show in September..

I don't mind toys since I like switching back and forth and I think it helps with keeping thing fresh and not getting bored with the same ol same ol... so looking forward to these.

A recent show fell through and I was kinda bummed but I have to say I think it was for the best..I have been painting non stop and feeling pressure from meeting these deadlines..now with this free time I really enjoy working on a painting and coming back to it the next day seeing if it needs any improvements or more developing, instead of feeling rush, working on it straight through just to get it done.. letting the painting mature? really loving this pace and I'm thinking this is the pace/standard that I want to approach all my work with from here on in.. lets go 2010

*the WIP pic is for a show I have coming up, working on a post-apocalyptic scene..its kinda muddy/under water feel..thanks bio-shock haah

No comments: