Thursday, April 8, 2010

"At Will"

So today I received a form to sign, and as I was reading it what caught my eye the most was the "at will" section... pretty much you can get terminated with or without notice and with or without a reason(or vice versa, you can do the same to them)..then my sister's words rang loud in my head "Everybody is Expendable" it's so true.. if you think about it, unless you own a business technically there is no such thing as job security.. I have known people who have worked 10-15 years in a company only to loose their jobs at the drop of a dime.. its sad but true... as for me I'm totally working towards living off my art... Piebald sang it best with their song "The Monkey Versus The Robot" yeah we really got lucky, we're nobody's robot, we're nobody's monkey.. I know one day I will be able to sing those words and really mean it.

No comments: