Thursday, April 1, 2010

Toy Dabbler

Here I am sketching out a few ideas for 3 marshalls I will be working on...I'm not really known as a toy customizer and I gotta say I don't mind that at all... I started of as a painter and I would rather be known as a painter first and foremost...so as I kept doodling out ideas... that's when it hit me, I feel very confined when I do customs and therefore usually not drawn to do them...I love how the finished piece looks, and seeing a 3D object fully customized with the artist's style is awesome! could it be that I'm not that good at sculpting...so if there is a piece I want to add or a piece that is heavily detailed I can't deliver?

One thing I love about painting is leaving room for interpretation..you maybe able to do that with a custom, but for the most part you follow a custom pretty much through, or at least that's how I see it.. when I paint there are so many possibilities that in the end your painting can go either way...with my customs in the past I have started them in one way and at the end it's like huh? this is not what I was aiming for haha and usually not happy with the results, where as my paintings they are usually a lot better then what I was aiming for...or maybe it's just me.. don't get me wrong now, I still like to get my hands on figures and customize them for shows..hell I have three coming up this year already, and all are really solid figures.. so I guess what Im trying to say is.. I'll always be a painter first, as for doing customs toys.. just call me a toy dabbler.... yeah I dabble! thoughts?



No comments: