Thursday, September 3, 2009

More Cradles and some Instillation pieces




I'm down to my third cradle and the more I keep building them the better I'm getting (obviously) the second I did is a 3" deep cradle on 2x2 1/4 birch panel, not to bad not as heavy as the first one I did so it will make shipping a lot cheaper..the third is a 12x18 with a 3" deep cradle.. I specifically built this one for a group show I'm in over at Art Whino, which then will travel down to the Miami Art Basel..These seem to be a little time consuming, but I gotta say it's well worth it and the more I do them the quicker I'm getting..

I got start on a couple of milk cartons for an instillation I am working on.. I gessoed then primed the milk cartons which actually came out pretty opaque, splatter some pink acrylic paint on them then applied a few of my cherry critter stickers, I'll be doing about 20 of these.. and mind you the stickers are die cut, cut out by hand haha... I'm taking a break tomorrow, but over this wekeend I'll be hitting the studio hard to bang out a few more of these and start my painting for the art whino show.. ok Off to bed.. Im half asleep as I type this hahaha poof!

No comments: