Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Style?




Ok so this is not necessarily a new style per say..but more like combining all my 3 styles that I have evolved into.. First I miss my bold stuff and I sense a lot of people did too so I'm gonna sketch all my work like I always did but this time I will scan them, redraw them in illustrator and then transfer them onto canvas so that I get a clean and bold even look.. I will continue doing the grimy edges and dry brush technique that I was doing with my acrylics on wood paintings.. now I have been messing with oils and I love the smooth blends that you can get with them so I'm thinking instead of filling them in with bold solid colors I think I might paint the insides with oils to give it depths and smooth transitions of darks, lights and mid tones...I posted example of the process that Im doing..vectoring takes a little longer but the final result will be so worth it.. I should start filling this in soon..

No comments: