Thursday, August 19, 2010

Growth!

Tonight I started cleaning out my studio.. and I was definitely feeling nostalgic... some people may say sad?...but I don't see it that way... sad would be if you were force to leave to go somewhere without wanting to go..then I can see where sad would come into place... but just thinking back when I first stepped into California 8 years ago and just fell in love with it... the complete sadness I felt as I left thinking to myself that one day I will return to live here... but there is a time and place for everything.. I now have a really strong reason to go out there and pursue what I have wanted for the past few years.. and failure is not an option...everyone has been really supportive and that makes it all the better... what triggered this whole post was the theme based on this artist Erik Otto out in San Francisco.. his next solo show is based on growth..here is a little excerpt from fabric 8 Erik Otto illustrates the themes of struggle one must face in order to achieve growth – self-fulfillment versus self-destruction and how the transient nature of time dictates the uncertainty of life. The new body of work, which is more abstract and expressive then his past pieces, addresses the idea of facing one’s personal fears in order to reach true potential and real progress. reading that just really hit home..with the move, name change, and style change as well.. it can all be a scary thing but again it is necessary for growth.

1 comment:

Dreaming of Isis said...

Wow, why did you have to post the picture of a plane? Man, I caught my eyes watering...you're making it too real. Remember, I'm just going to imagine you're still in CT, except you have a really busy schedule justifying why we can't see each other so readily lol. But you are right, change is necessary for growth. As always, know that I'm proud of you and truly believe you have made the right choice!!!