Friday, September 3, 2010

West Coast bound

So it all still feels like a dream to me.. but I can't believe after 8 years I'm finally living in the bay area...Kim is super awesome and I couldn't thank her enough for having me crash until I get situated..my car is coming in the following Wednesday.. I have an interview set up on Tuesday.. so things are really moving quick... once I land this job is time to search for an apartment, then I can set up my studio and really start cranking out new work...not sure when it's going to hit me that I am actually living here, from what I hear it can take months or maybe even years.. but what I do know is that I am loving it... no humidity I can go out in a tee shirt and jeans and feel perfectly comfortable, don't have to stress about snow and how safe are the roads going to be...and the art scene? Amazing! I don't even know where to begin.

Oakland, CA

As I was packing and shipping things out back in CT I started feeling sad, thinking to myself why am I feeling this way? wasn't I super excited about moving, new challenges and adventures? and I am but I didn't realize that feeling like that is totally normal especially after being in the same place for 31 years... Now that I am here it all feels right.. I know I have made the right choice and just have a really good feeling about everything.. its going to work out..they say to always follow your gut and I did! so I say thanks CT for all the good times and memories and hello CA for new friends, good times, and new memories!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck out there homie! gonna miss sushi thursdays with ya bro!

Dreaming of Isis said...

You're right...what you felt was absolutely normal and you were even more right in that you made the right decision. A lot of people don't have the courage to leave their comfort zone and take a risk to pursue their dream. You did. So now its time to enjoy this new chapter and accomplish what you went to do. You still have many new experiences and changes to go! Proud of you and always, much love!-
M.S. .